Fields of research
· Theoretical and experimental investigations of microwave and extreme high
frequencies waveguide structures, including planar wide band structures for microwaves and
hybrid structures for extreme high frequencies
· A new formulation of radiation, scattering and diffraction
numerical and asymptotic techniques in electromagnetics. Uniform asymptotic theory applied
to aperture diffraction
· Microwave measurements of electromagnetic characteristics of anisotropic
· Dielectric waveguide resonator investigations on the basis of dielectrics and magnetized ferrites
· Development of the non-linear theory of millimeter and submillimeter wave
excitation in the Smith-Purcell electron devices (orotron, ledatron, laddertron etc.)
· The theory of interaction of the nonsinusoidal electromagnetic signals with
linear and non-linear media
Basic scientific results
· The theoretical and experimental investigations of microstrips and insulated
image guides based on new substrate types using CAD and optimization methods are carried
out. The functional elements based on these structures under extreme environment behaviour
are investigated. Some functional elements, using principle new ideas, such as transitions
to coaxial and rectangular waveguides, rejection and pass-band filters, adjusted devices
are carried out.
radiation and scattering from convex bodies composed of electrically dissimilar
materials. A GTD analysis of the radiation from slots in planar and cylindrical
perfectly-conducting structures with a surface impedance patch. High accuracy method for
non-destructive local parameter microwave measurements of materials.
· Electromagnetic wave dispersion on the dielectric and ferrite parallelepiped
in the rectangular waveguide and cross-shaped ranching; electromagnetic
eigen-oscillations, waveguide dielectric resonances and their application for anisotropic
and isotropic parameter measurements and non-destructive control.
· The two-dimensional theory of the resonant O-type electron devices with
uniform and profiled focusing magnetic field is developed. Effective operating regimes for
different stages of oscillations evolution are investigated. Starting current and
efficiency are the basic characteristics of the analysis.
· The theory of transmission and transformation of the non-sinusoidal signals
in the different inhomogeneous magnetodielectric media is developed. The problem of the
reflection and absorption of a E- and H-polarized electromagnetic waves by the lossy media
is solved. Space-time structure of electromagnetic field reflecting by the multilayered
structure is investigated.